Sunday, October 5, 2008

Summertime- Lovin Life!!!

Sorry I am so lame and don't post very often. So, here is an update of our entire summer :)

J absolutely loved dance/gymnastics. She had her recital way back around May and was a superstar. She wants to do dance and gymnastics again, but I learned my lesson this spring- only 1 activity at a time!!! Right now is soccer season. Go white tigers!!









One of my favorite times this summer was young women's BOOT camp. (B-building O-our O-own T-testimonies). This is Sgt. Rudd (the stake YW camp director) and I, (Sgt. Noss - I was her assistant) at Boot camp. This was one of the most sacred and memorable experiences of my life. What a blessing it was to be so involved in such a neat girls camp. I am so grateful I was a part of this!!! Ashlyn really liked some of the stuff I brought home from BOOT camp.




























One of the huge, gargantuin (?sp) accomplishments of the summer was the irrigation system Clay (my brother) and my mom put together up at the ranch. Cory went up and helped 1 or 2 times, but really Clay did an incredible job of figuring out the equipment, getting it where it needed to go, installing it correctly, using all sorts of heavy machinery.... really he is amazing. When you see those sprinklers going, it is a thing of beauty. AWESOME!!!!












This is a picture of C, in all her glory. I took the picture because she is so big, she'll probably never be able to fit in the sink for a bath again. :(


C is a crazy girl. She wants to be so big and to fit it with her sisters so badly. She was our little white trash baby at the swimming pools this summer with her wrist sweat band knee pads and socks to go along with her swimsuit. She would crawl around so much at the swimming pools, it would make sores on her knees and feet. A little white trash never hurt anybody right?



C also learned to walk this summer. For the longest time she would just stand in one place for like 30 seconds, but not take steps. If we motivated her a lot, she would take 7-8 steps, but for like 8 weeks she was content to just stand in place. Then, about 1-2 weeks before her birthday, she took off!! Now she is all over the place and she is no longer interested in being held at all. She wants to be on the ground chasing after her sisters.









Crystal, my sister, gave the girls a bunch of our old Rodeo Queening make up after she moved into her new home. The girls kept begging me to let them do make-up. Finally, I decided enough was enough. I got it out for them, then had to run and do something else. I came back like 5 minutes later and this is what I found. Wow!!!
















We had fun at thanksgiving point this summer too!! This was the last outing with our friend Ellie. She moved to California and J can't understand why we can't just tell her to come over and play. It's just California!!


One of the favorite summer memories was when Scott and Heidi took us boating!!! Thanks so much you guys!!!!! If you know me, you know boating is one of my all time favorite things to do. Someday, I will own a boat!!!! But we did get to go this year and had a blast!!!! The girls absolutely loved it, and thought the lake was the ocean. Tubing was definitely a hit!! They were so brave and tough!!! (just ask them)
















We had a super fun girls day with Hollie doing hair and nails. Hollie was incredible. She cut my hair in a fun and sassy A-line, then taught me how to do up do's on each one of the girls, got us the product that makes it all possible, kept all the girls happy...



The girls told me they were now true princesses- ready for a ball. I did do the up do's at my cousin's wedding and they turned out great (not nearly as cute as Hollie's though). Thanks Hollie- you ROCK!!


This was the first day I had all the girl cousins at one time. Everyone had a blast. I even survived just fine!!!


Nikkibocker is a rockstar!! She took all the cousins to Heritage park and we learned all about the pioneers.












A's favorite thing was washing cloths on a washing board and hanging them up to dry. She can't understand why I don't want to wash all of our clothes that way.
C is totally a mama's girl- I feel pretty lucky!!Summer just wouldn't be right without the Summit County Rodeo!!!!
We had so much fun with G-ma Sherri and G-pa T. The rodeo was a hit with the girls. They practiced the queen wave and really liked the barrels.

The bow hunt was awesome. We rented a camping trailer and spent the week up in the uintahs. It is so peaceful, beautiful and fun up there. J caught a fish, A melted things in the fire, and C cut her first teeth (not so fun!!)


Moon lake was freezing cold, but loads of fun!!! Mud always makes for a good time too. :)




Shadow is so cute. She always has to swim out to us where ever we are and make sure we are ok. I get so worried about her, but even when she is dead tired, she just keeps swimming out to us to make sure we are ok. It is so fun to have such a loyal and loving dog. The bow hunt is always a place where I am so grateful for shadow.


Dinosaur land in Vernal- It's sort of close to where we camp for the bow hunt and the girls love the dinosaurs. C learned to Roar like a dinosaur here.
On our way home from Vernal we stopped at Wal-Mart. There we found the cutest, coolest, most awesome princess bikes- they were a had-to-have sort of deal. The girls got an early christmas present and those bikes have really been a hit this summer!!!!!I love Cory!!!! Even if he does leave me with the girls to hunt- He's worth it!! A began potty training- BIG GIRL PANTIES!!!!!!! Many frustrating accidents later, she is now pretty much potty trained. :)Cory finally started the playroom we have been talking about since last christmas!!!!!! When he cut a hole in the wall of our livingroom, I was a bit nervous, but it will all be so worth it. Cory is amazing. It is already looking fabulous-more to come later.

Memorial day at the ranch. Good times!!! Clay and Lacey are so great to let us use all their stuff all the time. The Wii is really fun up there too. J came home and started putting all her stuff in bags because she is ready to move up to the ranch now.


So, it is way late. I'll finish up our summer fun times later. I totally left out the highlight of the summer- SHelby's Wedding!!!!! Crystal- I really need the pictures from the wedding!! It won't be 6 months before I blog again- I promise!!!


15 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for the update. This was so fun to read and see how you guys are doing.

Our Little Family said...

I was so Happy to see that you updated your blog. I almost lost hope that you would abandon the blog. But there you go surprising me. It was fun to hang out with you guys the other weekend. We'll have to do it again soon!!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy you updated! Looks like you had an amazing summer, I am so glad that we are friends. love you and the girls

Natalie said...

I love your cute family! I really wish I had more time this summer when I was in town, but it turned out to be more busy than I expected. I really want to see you! Mike worked for Judge Adkins this summer. I don't think he actually met your dad, but he knew of him. Anyways, glad things are well with you guys!

Katie said...

Izzy and I really enjoyed looking at all the fun pictures!!! Now I see why it took so long. You are so much more patient than me!!! You truly are my inspiration.

Robin said...

Welcome back to the blogging world :-)! I loved reading about the summer. You guys definitely kept busy...and you're still my hero for watching all 5 girls at once...not to mention running to the store with all of them in tow.

ellisboys said...

about dang time, geez! way cute pictures. I guess I shouldn't talk about the updating thing, I suck!

Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear what you are up to. It's been way too long. You're girls are growing up so fast!

shari berry bo-berry said...

CANDICE!!!!!!!!!! You're ALIVE! Just kidding. :) It was so fun to see what you've been up to! Your girls are darling and you look FABULOUS yourself! Hot mama! I miss you!

Lauri said...

Yeah! You updated your blog! Cute pictures! What a summer!

Trav, Brand, Lex & Hunter said...

Your lil' family is so cute! I want to have you teach me all your fun hair tricks as soon as Lexi has enough hair to do it!!

Doug & Stef said...

Hi Candice! I found your blog yay! I can't believe there are three of those beauties you have - they are so big!

Annie M. said...

CANDICE!! I got your Christmas card today- I didn't know you had a blog. I miss your stinking guts. Come visit my blog www.anniemelinda.blogspot.com. We need to chat on the phone soon.... I really miss you!!!!!!

Jenni Coberly said...

It's been so much fun catching up with you and your family and looking at all the photos of your family. You look amazing by the way!!! I'm so glad that you blog. It's such a great way to stay connected. I got your Christmas card in the mail. Your girls hair always looks amazing. I want to know what the product is that you use. I need all the help I can get. :) Check out my blog at jcoberly.blogspot.com

Ball Family said...

Very fun blog Candice! It is fun to see what you have been up to. You have such a cute family!